Come sit down and have lunch with your favorite DLF authors. Here are the Lunch with the Author Locations for Saturday, March 8, from 12:30-1:30 (attendees are responsible for their own meals):
- Raymond Atkins: Shenanigan’s (for reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michael Bishop: Crimson Moon
- Kim Boykin: Piazza
- Mark Braught: Don Pollo
- Jackie Cooper: Don Pollo
- Alex Hughes: Pueblo’s
- Joshilyn Jackson: Bourbon Street Grill (for reservations: email@example.com)
- Terry Kay: Back Porch Oyster Bar (for reservations, call 706-864-8623)
- Cassandra King: Corkscrew Cafe (for reservations, call 706-867-8551)
- Susan Lindsley: Crimson Moon
- Charles McNair: Corkscrew Cafe
- Erika Marks: Back Porch Oyster Bar
- William Rawlings: Piazza
- Deanna Raybourn: Pueblo’s (for reservations, call 706-867-7155)
- James R. Tuck: Shenanigan’s
- George Weinstein: Bourbon Street Grill
Special Appearance authors:
- Delilah S. Dawson: Picnic Cafe
- Ann Hite: Gustavo’s
In addition to our long list of featured authors and regional authors, we will have special appearances from Delilah S. Dawson, Ann Hite, and Kathryn Hinds!
Information about the Write-In taking place after the festival is over, from 3-6 on Sunday, at Starbuck’s:
Writing doesn’t need to be a solitary endeavor! Bring your writing implement (computer, paper/pen, Alphasmart, etc.) and join fellow writers as we put words on the page, share ideas, gather inspiration, offer commiseration, discuss writing, and of course—write!
We will have activities such as word wars, where we set a timer for 10-15 minutes, then everyone writes as many words as they can till the timer goes off. The winner gets bragging rights until the next war and a prize. We will also have word challenges from the Box of Doom (draw a word or writing prompt from the box and try to include that topic or word in your next scene) for each word war, StoryCubes for inspiration, a writing reference station for those who need a dictionary/thesaurus, and a procrastination station with fun activities for those who need a break. Let’s get writing!
Coffee/tea/snacks will be available for purchase from Starbucks downstairs.